Lilac Nell's

*Stories about life and knitting* Occasionally, I create yarn or knitting patterns that I might post at hummingbird.etsy.com Other than that, I have a husband and a cute pup.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm a spinnin'

I twas a spinnin' last night with Erik. I'm using this 30 year old wheel that needs a little maintenance, so the draw strings would fall off, and I'd have my yarn all over with the strings and need Erik to help me put it all back together; this happened at least 5 times last night. I noticed that it happens more when my bobbin gets full. I think I need a bigger one. Problem: it is an old custom wheel, so I don't know if I can find a bobbin that is big enough...But alas I made my first ball of double ply yarn! I'm going to show my friends at No Idle Hands, but I was kind of embarrassed at its thin to chunky inconsistencies, so last night I also started spinning another skein so I can show them some "better" yarn. All in all I really like spinning and I wish I could stay at home and start a cottage company with hand spun yarn and knitted items. Maybe I'll marry a millionaire and just have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home