Lilac Nell's

*Stories about life and knitting* Occasionally, I create yarn or knitting patterns that I might post at hummingbird.etsy.com Other than that, I have a husband and a cute pup.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 06, 2005

Sheep Show and Curry

The sheep show went well. I took the “Amazing Angora” class, and yes I still want one. It was so cool; my teacher spun directly off the rabbit. As it turned out, Kama couldn’t come, so I spent the day with Mary and Chris. Quite a bit of the time we spent wondering from vendor to vendor. I bought a yarn holding bracelet, so I can walk and knit. I also got some white, purple, and pink roving. We even ate at the famous Wheel Drive-In. Sunday I spent the day at my mom’s house trying to figure out how to use the spinning wheel and why it wasn’t working well. I also went on a long walk with Erik (we both got blisters). By the end of the day, I had figured out the wheel to a reasonable extent and had some decent 1 ply yarn. Now I need to make it two ply by spinning it the opposite direction.

Saturday night after the sheep show, Erik and I went to Ruchi for his first Indian food experience. He said after the first course, “this is not my kind of food, and I will never come back,” but by the time he tasted his entrée he was making yummy noises and I’m pretty sure he will want to go back. We ate the leftovers again on Sunday night and he was still enjoying his butter chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home